Q: Where are you located?
A: Our office is located on the second floor of the Oldham County Fiscal Court Building, 100 West Jefferson Street, Suite 5, LaGrange, Kentucky 40301.

Q: What are your office hours?
A: We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Q: I need to file criminal charges, where can I do so?
A: You may seek to file criminal charges at the county attorney’s office during regular business hours. In order to file criminal charges here, the offense must have occurred in Oldham County and the offender must be over 18 years of age. Be sure to bring a copy of the police report and the name and address of the person against whom you wish to file charges. Juvenile status and public offense complaints are processed by the Court Designated Worker (CDW). For the CDW Office, call (502) 222-5214.

Q: Can you tell me the status of my case or when the next court date is?
A: If you are a criminal defendant, call the Oldham County District Clerk’s Office for this information at (502) 222-0522. For docket information, please see the Administrative Office of the Courts’.

Q: Is this the public defender’s office?
A: No. The phone number to the public defender’s office is (502) 222-7712. For more information contact Department of Public Advocacy.

Q: How do I get an Emergency Protective Order against someone?
A: Emergency Protective Orders and Domestic Violence Orders are filed at the office of the Oldham Circuit Clerk. If after hours or in case of emergency, call 911. Criminal violations of an Emergency Protective Order or Domestic Violence Order are prosecuted by this office. To report a violation, call 911.

Q: Who do I contact if I suspect a child is being neglected or abused?
A: Call the Child Protection Hot Line: 1-800-752-6200 (Toll Free). The local Department of Community Based Services, Protection and Permanency Office (child and adult abuse, neglect and dependency, foster care, adoptions, etc.) is located at 2206-C Commerce Parkway, LaGrange, KY 40031 and can be reached at (502) 222-9472.